Sample resume for an entry-level mechanical engineer
How to fine-tune your resume so it performs like a well-oiled machine.
Sample Resume for an Entry-Level Mechanical Engineer
As you embark on your engineering career, you'll need a resume that makes you stand out from the competition, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. For ideas on how you can fine-tune your own resume, view this sample resume for an entry-level mechanical engineer that Isaacs created below, and download the entry-level mechanical engineer resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Additionally, you can learn more about engineering careers on Monster.
Entry-Level Mechanical Engineer resume template
Recent graduate of ABET-accredited BSME program seeking an entry-level mechanical engineering position.
- Solid command of technologies, tools and best practices in designing mechanical equipment using AutoCAD, SolidWorks and engineering drawings.
- Excellent shop and safety skills honed from work as a machinist and welder. Able to design and fabricate tooling and mechanical test fixtures.
- Strong team collaboration skills. Work closely with team members to achieve engineering goals.
ABC University -- Sometown, PA
Ranked in the top 10 mechanical engineering schools by US News and World Report
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering (BSME), GPA: 3.4, 5/2016
- Statics, Dynamics, Engineering Analysis, Mechanics of Materials, Fluid Mechanics, Dynamics of Machinery, Measurement and Instrumentation, Mechanical Engineering Thermodynamics, Industrial Processes, Elements of Material Engineering, Machine Design, Mechanical Vibrations, Thermal Systems Laboratory, Heat and Mass Transfer
- Completed senior project at DEF Company, a manufacturer of machine tools for the sheet metal industry.
- Assisted engineering department in designing straight hand seamer used in bending, seaming and flattening sheet metal.
- Created models using SolidWorks and participated in cross-functional product-development meetings.
- Contributed idea for change in handle design that is expected to improve comfort and safety when gripping the seamer. Product is currently in preproduction testing phase.
Programs: AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MS Project, MATLAB, MS Excel
Machining and Welding Tools: CNCs, mills, lathes, angle grinders, plasma cutters, oxy-acetylene torches, arc welders, band saws, grinders, shears, drill presses, chop saws, etc.
Hired by ABC Machining Company as well as local construction companies to handle per-diem projects.
Machinist & Welder (contractor), 9/2015 to Present
- Earned a reputation as a talented machinist and welder. Developed excellent fabrication and machine shop skills, completing all projects on time and to specifications.
- Handled welding assignments that involved installing, repairing and fabricating materials (sheet metal, steel, tools, parts, doors, gates and more). Became adept at reading blueprints/drawings and fulfilling work orders.
- Demonstrated advanced skills in operating equipment and machines including CNC machines, cutting machines and hydraulic presses for the fabrication of mechanical components.
Your resume is your first impression on a recruiter or hiring manager, so make sure it tells your story the best way possible. Get more resume, interview, and career management advice when you become a Monster member. You can also upload up to five resumes so recruiters can find you as soon as jobs open up.
[Hiring Manager’s Name]
[341 Company Address
Company City, State, xxxxx
Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms. [Manager’s Name],
With great willingness, I am applying for the position of (POSITION) which was advertised on the (COMPANY NAME) website. I firmly believe that my education, skill-set, intensive training and extensive experience make me a suitable candidate for this vacancy.
I am certified in Electrical/Mechanical Estimating and hold a degree in Electrical Engineering from HML College. As an individual who is interested in continuous professional development, I have dedicated more than 7 years of experience to working with blue chip companies within the electrical industry. This has resulted in professional competency in all operational and technical aspects of digital systems implementation.
Employed with McHero PLC as an Electrical Improver/Supervisor, I have demonstrated strong problem solving skills and the ability to work in high-pressure and challenging working environments. My responsibilities varied through commissioning, maintaining, installation and testing of highly sophisticated electrical systems. In addition, I was also relied upon to manage vendors and execute projects and maintenance strategies within a budget of around $90,000.
Ensuring that all activities complied with quality standards and examining installation of numerous electrical equipment, I have been able to successfully identify engineered resolutions to recurring electrical issues. Furthermore, I have gained an extensive exposure of leading teams and training members such that their competencies are inline with the needs of the organization.
I have functional knowledge of all electrical legislation, codes, and standards of practice and have gained expertise in use of industry specific tools and applications.
I would welcome the opportunity to meet you and I am sure after appraisal of my resume you will see I am an individual with excellent potential in an organization such as (COMPANY NAME).
I look forward to hearing from you in due course.