Libraries have many resources for looking up topics of medical research, but you can also find good articles by looking online. Here are some examples to get you started.
Government sponsored websites (which usually end in .gov) provide links to research articles, statistics, information about government policies, spending priorities, and laws. Here are some examples:
- British Medical Research Council News and Publications: Gives recent publications, news, and podcasts of research supported by the British government.
- Indian Council of Medical Research: Publications and reports of Indian scientists. Includes some interesting information about traffic incidents and health issues.
- National Science Foundation: U.S. Government agency which oversees the sciences and research. Find links to other U.S. agencies with information on agriculture, health and human services, the center for disease control, environmental services, Smithsonian museums, and space.
25 Excellent Argumentative Essay Topics On Nutrition
An argumentative essay will require you to take a particular stance about the topic you are writing about. For example, if you are writing about nutrition, then you will need to try and persuade the reader about a particular point of view that you have taken. As a result, any argumentative essay topics that you choose to write about in relation to nutrition should have at least two sides to them, so that you can argue for or against something. Some topics that you may choose to use for your paper helping listed below.
- People should minimize the amount of carbohydrates that they eat if they want to lose weight
- Being underweight is just as dangerous as being overweight
- Parents should have a more active role in the nutrition of their children
- Schools should provide more nutritious food
- People cannot have a healthy diet if they are vegetarians or vegans
- Everything is okay to eat in moderation
- Good nutrition is more important than exercise
- People should not avoid fat altogether if they are trying to lose weight
- Scientists do not truly understand how nutrition influences the human body
- Most people approach the topic of nutrition in the wrong way when trying to lose weight
- Parents who fail to provide nutritious and healthy food for the children should face criminal charges
- People too often wrongly blame the genes for obesity rather than their own poor nutritional habits
- Young people should be talk more about nutrition in school
- The government is failing society due to a lack of education surrounding good and bad nutrition
- If people had a better idea of the implications of bad diets and poor nutrition than they would make more of an effort to eat healthily
- The government should consider rationing unhealthy food
- Companies that offer food with low nutritional value should not be allowed to advertise to children
- Restaurants should include nutritional information next to all menu choices
- Food companies should do more to identify to consumers the nutritional information related to various food products
- It is up to consumers to learn more about what they are eating rather than blaming other people
- People should not eat false food more than once per month
- Fast food companies have ruined the nutritional standards of the United States
- People do not eat enough essential vitamins
- Supplements and vitamin tablets are not suitable replacements for a healthy diet
- Poor nutrition leads to people being more argumentative and aggressive